Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Compression Tube Fittings provide leak proof torque free seals at all tubing connections. They eliminate hazardous leaks in instrumentation, process, pneumatic, hydraulic, gas and other applicable tubing system which could otherwise turn out to be costly to the installation.
The basic Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Tube Fittings is a four piece Fitting consisting of the Nut, the Back Ferrule, the Front Ferrule and the Body. When installed, it becomes a five piece connection with the addition of the tubing providing a solid leak free joint.
The two ferrules grasp tightly around the tube with no damage to the tube wall. Exhaustive tests have proven that the tubing will yield before a Fluid Control Double Ferrule joint starts leaking.
The secret behind the success of the Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Fittings lies in the two ferrule design which is a combination of geometry and metallurgy. All the action in the fitting is by an axial movement along the tube instead of a rotary motion to create the joint. This axial movement prevents any torque to be transmitted from a fitting to the tubing. Since there is no initial strain in the tubing, the making of the joint does not weaken the tubing.
Another advantage of the Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Fittings is that the sequential action of the twin ferrule overcomes variations in the wall thickness, hardness and dimensional tolerance of the tubes. This way proper ferrule interaction compensates for most of the variables which lead to failure in other fittings.
Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Fittings are easy to install and require no special tools in the process. They are reusable several times and can withstand heavy impulse and vibration both in vacuum and pressure systems. Absence of damage to the tube surface prevents fatigue failure.
Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Compression Tube Fittings Have The Following Features
We give below a summary of the advantages of Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Fitting.
- Be self aligning
- Works on thick and thin wall tubing
- Resists vibration
- Works on a variety of tube materials
- Have all components made of the same material and hence possess thermal compatibility and corrosion resistance.
- Resistance to temperature cycling
- Compensates for the variables encountered in tube materials.
- Dimensions and metallurgy.
- Does not significantly reduce flow area
- Works on vacuum as well as low and high pressures
- Seals at low cryogenic temperatures as well as elevated temperatures rated for the tube
- Seals consistently over a wide range of temperature cycling
- Seals repeatedly under make and break conditions
- Resistant to pressure upto the burst point with the tubing without leakage.
- Uses geometry rather than torque for uniformity of make-up. It requires only one and quarter turns after snug tight to complete the joint.
- Does not requite dis-assembly and inspection of ferrule swaging at every make-up.
- Does not require any special tools for assembly.
- Fluid Controls Double Ferrule Tube Fittings are available in a wide range of materials, sizes, connections and configurations from our local distributors with substantial back up stocks to support our dealers inventories.